We’ve all got our biases of what works and what doesn’t with baseball players, especially in regard to weight training, arm care, and velocity training. I have been a National Pitching Association certified pitching coach for a little over two years, and have plenty of success stories to share with both athletes and parents. When
As parents of youth pitchers, understanding the importance of nutrition for young athletes can be difficult. With all manner of diets and opinions, knowing which is the right choice for keeping your son’s energy up and performance high on game day can become overwhelming. Today, we will look at 40:30:30 nutritional guidelines for youth pitchers.
Along with pitching lessons, working out is essential for any young pitcher to perform at their best. Many pitchers focus solely on arm exercises to prevent injury and improve performance, without realizing the huge benefits that come from strengthening the lower body. From faster pitching speeds to better hip stability when throwing, there are many
Proper set position is one of the keys to success for young pitchers. It helps with balance, control, and performance on the mound. An ideal set position will make you more effective when throwing and improve how hitters view and respond to you as a pitcher. When it comes to youth pitching, proper training and
If you want to improve pitching performance like pitching velocity and control, it’s essential to train your body for efficient mechanics and functional strength. One cross-specific training method for both mechanics and strength is the towel drill. We’ve found that towel drills are a really effective tool for all pitchers to use in deep training.
There are many pitching lessons young players need to learn. Knowing the basics allows players to have building blocks they can use later as they learn and grow. One thing that is really important for young players is to learn how to properly grip a baseball. You might be surprised, but a lot of players
Timing is an essential mechanical variable for pitchers. Youth pitching athletes need to hone their timing and make sure it is fast enough for performance. There are many ways to improve timing through lessons and practice. In this article, we’ll discuss pitching timing and some key things to know. For a comprehensive program for your
Many players want to improve their pitching velocity. There are a lot of things you can do to work toward increased velocity. However, it’s important to understand where the most velocity comes from: torque. About 80% of pitching velocity comes from torque, while the other 20% comes from the stack and track movement. Using torque
There are many key parts of good pitching delivery. One important part is creating a good energy angle from first movement to maximum leg lift. Decades of research indicate that energy angle is essential for forward momentum. Players can improve their energy angle through pitching lessons from our experts for better mechanics. If your player
As a parent of a youth pitching athlete, of course you want the best for them. However, even with the best of intentions, many parents cause undue stress on their young athletes. This blog will provide you some tips for how to support your young pitcher and help them learn and grow. Your Actions as